difficulty rating - 4
hot glue gun/glue sticks, scissors, black marker.
Gather supplies. Fold the piece of fleece in half so that you have a 4" x 4" piece. Stitch or glue the edge opposite the fold, making a tube.
1. Put the sand in the sock and shake it down to the toes. Fill the rest of the sock with fiberfil just past the heel.
2. Place a rubberband tightly around the sock just above the fiberfil. Place another rubberband around the stuffed sock to form the neck of the snowman.
3. Cut off the cuff of the sock about 1/2" above the rubberband. Place the cuff around the neck of the snowman, tucking under the raw edges.
4. Turn the fleece right-side-out. Gather together one of the open ends and secure with a rubberband about 1" from the edge. Using sharp scissors, cut the gathered end into strips to form a tassle for the hat. At the other end of the hat, fold back 1/2" of fabric to form a cuff.
5. Position the hat on the head of the snowman and glue in place.
7. Glue the buttons on the belly of the snowman. Glue the snowflake onto the hat.
8. Using the black marker, write a message on the small piece of cardstock. Glue the cardstock onto the small craft pick to make a sign.
9. Peel back the collar and use sharp scissors to snip a small on each side for the arms.
10. Insert the twigs into the hole under the collar and glue in place.
11. Glue the sign into the hand of one of the arms. Glue the pom into the hand of the other arm for a snowball.
1 - small white cuffed bobbie sock
1 - 4" x 8" piece of fleece
1 - 1/2" decorative snowflake
2 - small buttons
2 - 3mm black poms
1 - 3/4" white pom
1 - 1" x 1/2" piece orange felt
1 - 1 x 1/4" piece black felt
1 - 3"-long craft pick or mini dowel
1 - 1" x 1.5" piece white cardstock
3 - small rubber bands
1/4 cup sand or beans or rice
2 - 3" branched twigs