difficulty rating - 2
glue stick, scissors, pencil.
Gather supplies. Drill a hole in the star for the hanger.
1. Position the star with the hole at the top. Starting from the bottom, apply a layer of glue in small sections. Press the fabric strips into the glue.
2. Continue working in sections toward the top until the whole star is covered with fabric strips.
3. Trim the excess fabric to the edge of the star.
4. Apply glue to the back of the blue square piece of fabric and position onto the star. Trim the excess.
5. Apply glue to the outer edge and cover with a strip of fabric.
6. Trim any remaining excess fabric. The star should be a little scraggly.
7. Poke the wire through the hole from the back of the star. Secure in place with a loop.
8. Wrap excess wire around a pencil to shape it into a spiral.
9. Shape the end of the wire into a fancy hook.
10. Tie a piece if raffia onto the top of the wire.
11. Glue quote onto the front of the star, either flat or arched.
1 - 4" wooden star
3 - 8" x 1/4" white fabric strips
3 - 8" x 1/4" red fabric strips
1 - 2" square blue star fabric
1 - 12" length 18-gauge wire
1 - long piece raffia
1 - printed patriotic quote