hot glue gun/glue sticks, scissors, black marker, needle.
Gather supplies. Paint the lightbulb with the black paint and let it dry. Paint the wooden hearts with the orange paint and let dry.
1. Wrap the long edge of the red felt around the screw part of the light bulb and glue in place.
2. Pull the edges of the felt together, covering the light bulb while folding to a point at the tip, and glue down the seam.
3. Fold the felt down over the exposed edge and glue.
4. Trim the very tip of the point to flatten, and glue the white pom to the flattened tip.
5. Cut the white felt to form the front of the penguin (shaped like a lightbulb with a slit at the bottom.)
6. Glue the white felt to the front of the light bulb just below the hat, closing the slit in the front.
7. Finish the hat by gluing the white fleece around the bottom edge.
8. Glue a decorative snowflake to the top of the hat.
9. Thread the gold string through the hat and tie to make a hanger.
10. Cut each of the black felt pieces into a tear-drop shape to form wings.
11. Glue the wings to the sides of the light bulb just above the curve.
12. Cut the orange felt to form a nose and glue onto the face of the penguin. Add eyes using the black marker.
13. Glue the red heart onto the front of the penguin.
14. Glue the painted hearts to the bottom of the white felt for feet.
difficulty rating - 4
1 - regular-sized light bulb
1 - 5" x 4.5" x 4.5" piece red felt
1 - 3.5" x 2.5" piece white felt
1 - 6" x 1/2" piece white fleece
2 - 2" x 3/4" piece black felt
1 - 1/2" x 1/2" orange felt
1 - 1/2" white pom
1 - 1/2" red satin heart (or felt)
2 - 1/2" wooden hearts
black paint for light bulb
1 - 1/2" decorative snowflake
1 - 6" length gold string