light bulb grinch dog
difficulty rating - 4
hot glue gun/glue sticks, scissors, fine-point black marker.
Gather supplies. Paint the light bulb brown. Fold the piece of fleece in half, so that you have a piece that is 3" x 5". Sew or glue the unfinished edge of the 5"-long side, forming a tube; turn.
1. Snip 1" lengths of fringe on one end of the fleece tube.
2. Gather the fringe and secure tightly with a rubber band. Turn back 1/2" of the other end of the fleece to form a cuff.
3. Glue the hat onto the screw-end of the light bulb.
4. Cut the piece of brown felt in half, and shape each half into long ears.
5. Insert the ears into the cuff of the hat and glue in place.
6. Arrange a small bundle of sticks into antlers and tie with the twine.
7. Glue the bundle of sticks onto the front of the hat.
8. Using the red floss, tie the jingle bell onto the antlers.
9. Thread the string through the hat and knot for a hanger.
10. Draw eyes and a mouth onto the front of the lightbulb using the black marker. Glue the black pom in place for a nose. Shape the red felt into a small tongue and glue in place onto the mouth.
1 - regular-sized light bulb
1 - 6" x 5" piece of fleece
1 - 2" x 3" piece of brown felt
1 - 1/2" x 1/2" piece of red felt
1 - 6" piece of jute or twine
1 - 1/2" black or brown pom
1 - 3" piece of red floss
1 - 6" piece gold string
1 - 3/8" jingle bell
brown paint for light bulb
1 - small rubber band
several small twigs