glove angel baby
difficulty rating - 5
hot glue gun/glue sticks, scissors, fine-point black marker.
Gather supplies. Paint the lightbulb with the flesh-colored paint and let it dry.
1. Lightly stuff the four fingers only of the glove. Add a small amount of fiberfil into the palm. NOTE: It's important not to overstuff, as it will prevent the glove from bending as it needs to.
2. Pinch the palm of the glove at the top of the fingers and gather together, making sure that all of the stuffing is inside the pinched area, with a little extra padding in the behind. Secure the gathering tightly with a rubber band.
3. Cut off the glove just above the rubber band, removing the palm, thumb and wrist, leaving four stuffed fingers gathered and secured with a rubber band. (Note: use the discarded glove parts for the polar bear craft.)
4. Insert the screw of the lightbulb into the gathering, being careful not to dislodge the rubber band. Add a small amount of glue to secure the lightbulb in place, and trim the excess glove around the neck if needed.
5. Place a rubber band above the two center fingers to form a waist.
6. Bend the two center fingers (the legs) at the knuckle (hips) and apply a small amount of glue at the crease. This will enable to the angel to sit.
7. Bend up a small amount of the tip of the two center fingers to form toes, and apply a small amount of glue to hold in place.
8. Glue the lace trim over the rubberband around the waist to make a skirt.
9. Use the marker to draw two eyes, a nose and freckles onto the lightbulb for the angel's face. Glue the lock of curls on the top of the lightbulb. Glue the wedding ring on the top of the lightbulb for a halo. Apply a small amount of blush to the cheeks.
10. Place the teddybear in the middle of the index finger and bend the finger around the teddybear. Glue in place.
11. Gather the piece of fabric in the center and position over the top of the pinkie finger near the angel's head to form a blanket. Bend the pinkie finger over the blanket and hold. Place a dot of hot glue at the angel's mouth and position the tip of the pinkie finger in the glue, to make the angel baby suck her thumb.
12. Trim the piece of ribbon to form two connecting triangles resembling a "w" for the wings. Bend in half and glue on the back of the angel just below the head for wings.
Note: Your angel baby can be posed in any position, just like a doll. Sleeping, reading, praying, praising, tumbling ... get creative!
1 - cotton knit glove
1 - 1 1/2" round light bulb
1 - gold ring
1 - 4" x 6" piece of printed fabric
1 - 1" flocked teddy bear
1 - 1" lock of curly hair
1 - 4" length of 1 1/2" wired ribbon
1 - 8" length of 1 1/2" gathered lace
2 - small rubber bands