clay pot snowman
difficulty rating - 3
hot glue gun/glue sticks, scissors, fine-point black marker.
Gather supplies. Paint the clay pot white.
1. Turn the pot upside down and glue the edge of the large piece of fleece around the outside edge of the bottom of the pot, leaving the extra fabric hanging over the bottom of the pot.
2. Insert a crumpled but fluffy tissue into the fabric of the hat for added support.
3. Tie a large knot in the string. Insert the knotted end of the string into the extra fabric on the pot.
4. Gather the extra fabric together loosely, being sure to include the string, and secure with a rubberband to form a hat.
5. Using sharp scissors, snip the excess fabric beyond the rubberband into narrow strips to form a tassle for the hat.
6. Glue the piece of white fleece onto the edge of the hat.
7. Glue the long piece of fleece around the wide edge at the "top" of the pot, tied to form a scarf. Snip the ends of the scarf into narrow strips about 1/2" long to form fringe.
8. Glue the button onto the scarf. Glue the snowflake onto the hat. Shape the orange fleece into a nose and glue onto the face. Glue the black poms onto the face for eyes.
9. Using the black marker, draw a mouth onto the face.
1 - 2 1/2" clay pot
1 - 6" x 6" piece of fleece
1 - 18" x 3/4" piece of fleece
1 - 7" x 3/8" piece of white fleece
1 - 1" x 1/2" piece of orange felt
1 - 6" length of gold string
2 - 3mm black poms
1 - small white button
1 - small decorative snowflake
1 - small rubber band