chip clip moose
difficulty rating - 2
hot glue gun/glue sticks, scissors, round marker.
Gather supplies. Paint the chip clip brown.
1. Cut antlers out of the tan cardstock. Corrugated or other texture adds a nice touch.
2. Pinch open the chip clip and glue the antlers onto the inside of the front half of the open clip.
3. Close the clip to secure in place.
4. Using the larger piece of red felt, fold one corner over creasing to top point. Glue in place.
5. Fold opposite corner over creasing to top point. Glue in place.
6. Trim excess felt from bottom point to make the hat.
7. Pinch open the clip and glue the hat on top of the antlers with the seam facing forward, centering the hat.
8. Close the clip to secure in place.
9. Bend the hat over the front of the chip clip, covering the raw edges and glue in place. Glue the white pom to the tip of the hat.
10. Cut the piece of tan felt in half and shape the two pieces into two ears.
11. Glue the ears onto the chip clip.
12. Glue the 1" brown or black pom onto the nose. Shape the smaller piece of red felt into a tongue and glue in place.
13. Position and glue the eyes in place.
14. Wrap the copper wire around a marker or other round object to form the glasses.
15. Position and glue the glasses onto the nose.
1 - 3" "T"-shaped chip clip (pictured)
1 - 2" x 5" piece of tan cardstock
1 - 1" x 2" piece of red felt
1 - 3" x 3" piece of red felt
1 - 1" x 1" piece of tan felt
1 - 1" black or brown pom
1 - 1/2" white pom
1 - 3" piece of 18-gauge copper wire
brown paint for clip
2 - 10mm google eyes